XM42-M Ultralite Backpack - Black
Increase your burn time to over 3.5 minutes by converting your XM42-M to the XM42-M Ultralite!
Designed for the US Forestry Service, firefighters, and controlled burn specialists, the Ultralite is the epitome of flame throwing technology. Our extended reach torch facilitates application of fire across washes and other geographical concerns compared to standard drip torches.
*** Not legal in California or Maryland
- Hand TIG welded aluminum 3 gallon reservoir with deep engraved logo
- PTFE stainless steel braided fuel hose
- Translucent armored sight-gauge for at-a-glance fuel level observation
- Custom nylon straps by Zulu Nylon Gear (coyote brown)
- Heavy duty carry handle
- Weighs 6.8 lb (only adding 5.8 lb when installed due to removing the standard fuel tank)
- Ultralite backpack reservoir
- -6AN PTFE stainless braided hose
- Adapter fitting to connect to flamethrower
- Cushioned nylon straps
- Copper flare seals*
- Detailed instruction manual
Simply unscrew the standard 4" tank, unscrew the hex/pipe feed tube, thread on the AN fitting, and connect it to the backpack reservoir using the included line. Detailed instructions and images are included. A video guide will also be available.
*Sealing is important in this application. We don't trust AN fittings on their own. We know you have anecdotal evidence that they've never leaked on your race car or aircraft, but in our experience, they are hit or miss, and we can't have a miss when there's fuel strapped to your back. A soft copper flared seal is a cheap and easy way to ensure that no matter what, your fitting will be sealed.
You may have seen an outdated flyer included with your flamethrower that incorrectly mentions the backpack kit including a larger battery. This kit does not include a larger battery. We have yet to find a source of larger batteries we can readily obtain in high quantities, and the price reflects the non-inclusion of the battery. When we can stock bigger batteries, we'll add it as an optional accessory to the kit in the future.
Write Your Own Review
Frequently Bought Together